While everyone has been into contouring, baking their faces, and lately, putting their foundation on using a condom, I'm still over here stuck with the simple 5 minute make up routine.
A lot of my friends, family and co-workers have been asking me how I've been doing my make up. And to be honest, there's not much that change in my beauty supplies and make up routine since 2001. I'm a firm believer that when it comes to beauty, it is always good to stick with the basics.
The 5 minute make up routine has been my routine since the first time I picked up an eyeliner. It's no surprise that this has been my routine for a while now because for one thing, let's face it, ain't nobody got time to bake and slap on a 10 eyeshadows everyday, am I right? A simple mascara and a blended foundation is all I need. And here I will tell you how I keep it simple in just 5 minutes.
- Face - I usually start by moisturizing my face. Now that it's winter time, it's extremely important for me to moisturize as I tend to have really dry skin during this season. Once done, I start to use my MAC Studio Fix with my favorite Synthethic Duo Fibre Brush from Sedona Lace. You guys, I love love this foundation, MAC has been my foundation since highschool. I swear by it, I've never changed it. I also love the Synthetic Fibre brush from Sedona Lace as this brush gives that airbrush effect throughout the day. I let my foundation dry and move on to the next steps. By doing this, it helps my make up last longer. Then, after the rest of my steps below, I just go back and set everything with Loreal True Match Super Blendable Powder.
- Brows - Next I move on to my eyebrows. I love using my "Precisely, My Brow Pencil" for outlining my brows and finishing it off with my Milani Brow Fix Kit by brushing with my angled brush from Sephora.
- Cheeks - Love love my coral blush from Milani in shade Corralina. I love this blush as this gives that highlight and glow at the same time. From time to time, I would also contour my cheekbones and my nose using my Anastasia Beverly Hills pallette.
- Lashes -since I don't have long lashes, I love to use my Benefit "They're Real" Mascara. I swear by this product. This lashes gives volume and length for my lashes. I first, curl my lashes with Sally Hansen. A hack that I like to use to keep my lashes curled through out the day is, I warm up the eyelash curler with my blow dryer for a bit before curling my lashes.
- Lips - I love me a matte lipstick! On this kind of make up, I usually stick to the natural look. So to finish off my look, I usually use the Jeffree Star Velour Liquid Lipstick in shade Androgyny. From time to time I also love using Nyx Lipliner in the shade of Natural.
So there we go, my easy 5 minute make up, no sweat. What is your everyday make up routine? I'd love to hear all about it!
Thank you for reading! Follow me on my Instagram
@trulyzipporah to stay updated!